Before visiting the constituency office, it is always best to call ahead and make an appointment to ensure a staff member is available to assist you in a timely manner. Staff are not always available to answer the telephone when you call. If no one is available to take your call immediately, please leave your name, address, telephone number, along with a brief message regarding the reason for your call. Every effort is made to return calls concerning individual difficulties with federal departments within one business day.

As your Member of Parliament, Sheri and her team are working hard to serve the people of Saskatoon West. The Constituency Office team is available to help residents navigate through and resolve issues with federal government departments, programs and services, including:

The Constituency Office team is also here to support community initiatives, and arrange special messages for occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. Most importantly, our team will work diligently to ensure people in our community have a strong voice in Ottawa. If you are travelling to Ottawa and would like to see your Member of Parliament in action, please contact our office at the House of Commons.

Government of Canada Programs and Services
If you are interested in looking up information on government programs and services, information can be found by dialing a toll-free information line at 1-800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232) TTY: 1-800-926-9105, clicking , or visiting a Service Canada Centre. The Service Canada office in Saskatoon is located in Market Mall, Market Mall, 2325 Preston Ave S or you can call 1-800-622-6232 for a list of service centres near you.


Government of Saskatchewan Services

Parliamentary Business
Information on Parliament can be found at the Parliamentary website .

Canada Revenue Agency

Please visit the Canada Revenue website for general information.

Most Canada Revenue forms and tax credit applications are available online at: CRA Forms and Publications

Need helpfiling your taxes? The Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre and a few other community-based organzations have Community Volunteer Income Tax Programs that run from March to May each year, click here to see the full list of tax clinics in Saskatoon. 

MISSING THE TAX DEADLINE CAN HAVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES . If you miss the tax deadline benefits to which you may be entitled, such as the Child Tax Benefit or GST Rebate, will be suspended. If you file late, Sheri's office can assist you in filing your taxes, but cannot expedite the reinstatement of these benefits.

*NOTE* If you have other government debt, such as OSAP or Canada Student Loans arrears or EI overpayments, any refunds or benefits to which you may be otherwise entitled can be withheld and applied to those debts under Canadian law. Sheri's office cannot eliminate your debt or suspend the withholding of benefits in those situations.

If you have other tax issues, such as Child Tax Benefit or Disability Tax Credit issues, contact the office for assistance


CPP, Disability, OAS

Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
Please visit sections of the Social Development Canada website for detailed information about the Canada Pension Plan (CPP).

For information about general retirement benefits, please go to the CPP general benefits section.

For information about CPP Disability eligibility and benefits, please go to the CPP Disability section.

Old Age Security Program (OAS)
The Old Age Security (OAS) program, the cornerstone of Canada’s retirement income system, provides you with a modest pension at age 65 if you have lived in Canada for at least 10 years. If you are a low-income earner, you may be eligible for other benefits as early as age 60.

For detailed OAS information, please visit Human Resources and Skills Development Canada’s OAS website.


Employment Insurance

EI (Employment Insurance) provides temporary financial assistance for unemployed Canadians while they look for work or upgrade their skills. Canadians who are sick, pregnant or caring for a newborn or adopted child, as well as those who must care for a family member who is seriously ill with a signficant risk of death, may also be assisted by EI.

Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) is responsible for providing all Canadians with the tools they need to thrive and prosper in an inclusive labor market. Please visit HRSDC's EI website.

At the Service Canada website, you’ll find Canadian employment opportunities, how to post a job as an employer, information about hiring foreign workers, program and funding opportunities, and work search tools and tips.

You may also complete your EI reports online by going to: Online EI Reporting.

If you are experiencing unusually long delays or difficulties in filing your EI claim, contact Sheri's office for assistance.

*NOTE* If you are filing an appeal on an EI claim decision, Sheri's team would be happy to refer you to a community agency that can assist in preparing your appeal, but the office cannot assist with the preparation of, nor intervene in, the appeal process.


Canadians Travelling Abroad

It is important to be prepared and to expect the unexpected while abroad. By preparing carefully in advance, you can prevent serious and costly problems for you and your family. REMEMBER your passport is the only proof of your Canadian citizenship and identity that is accepted in all countries. You and all family members should have a valid passport if you plan to travel outside Canada. Permission to enter another country is the sole prerogative of that country. Verify in advance whether your destination country or countries require a visa for entry, and apply well in advance.

In the event of an EMERGENCY abroad, the Department of Foreign Affairs Emergency Operations Centre is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It offers assistance in case of an emergency situation abroad. From outside Canada you can reach the emergency centre by calling: 613-996-8885 (call collect where available)

For more information visit:


Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is Canada’s official source of citizenship and immigration information. For information about immigrating to Canada and visas for work, study and visiting, please visit the CIC website.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada recieves tens of thousands of applications every year. Application processing times vary greatly depending on application class and location. We encourage constituents to consult current processing times before seeking an update on an application. Visit: Application Processing Times for information on estimated wait times.

*NOTE* Sheri's office cannot speed up the processing of an immigration application, nor obtain special updates on immigration files which are within normal processing times and standards. Constituents who have sponsored or made an immigration application can obtain their own status updates by utilizing the CIC Online Service at: Client Application Status , or by calling the national CIC Call Centre Service at: 1-888-242-2100

For information about Canadian Visa & Immigration Offices abroad, visit: Canadian Visa Offices

If you are experiencing problems with your immigration application, or if the application has exceeded the posted processing times, please contact Sheri's office for assistance.

If you have lost your citizenship card, your permanent resident card, or need to renew your permanent resident card under urgent need, Sheri's office can help. If you need this identification for urgent travel purposes, please contact our office prior to making flight arrangements.


Parliament, the Prime Minister, and Elections

Where do I find information about Parliament?

Please visit the Parliament of Canada website at , which is managed jointly by the parliamentary institutions – the Senate and the House of Commons – and the Library of Parliament.

Here you’ll find information on current parliamentarians and what’s going on in the House, Senate and parliamentary committees. There are also useful links to many related areas of interest.

How do I contact the Prime Minister?

To contact the Office of the Prime Minister, please visit the PMO website at .

Am I registered to vote?

Please visit the Elections Canada Voter Registration Site on the Elections Canada website at to verify your voter status.
This site contains the National Register of Electors, a database containing basic information – name, gender, date of birth and address — of Canadians who are qualified to vote. It is used to produce voter lists when an election is called.

The site also contains useful information about voter demographics, political parties, electoral law and policy and much more.


Special request anniversary greetings

How do I arrange for birthday or anniversary greetings from the Queen or another dignitary?

If you are interested in commemorating a special birthday or anniversary, you should visit the website for the Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan. Filling out the application on their website will send a request to Her Majesty the Queen, the Lieutenant Governor, The Governor General, The Prime Minister, The Premier, The Leader of the Opposition, Saskatchewan Members of Parliament, some Saskatchewan Senators, Some Saskatchewan MLAs and the Regina Mayor.

To request a greeting, please submit the greeting request form at least two months prior to the celebration date.  While their office is pleased to accept requests with less than the required notice, they cannot guarantee that the messages will be provided by the celebration date.


Community Resources and Links

Government Websites

Government of Canada

Government of Saskatchewan

City of Saskatoon