Employment Opportunity - We Need Some Summer Help!
Looking for a summer job? We are looking for some help with outreach and in the office this summer!
May 18th, 2018 - 5:45pm
Office: Sheri Benson, MP Saskatoon West
Position: Constituency Assistant, Temporary, Part-Time Position (12 weeks, 30 hours/week)
Location: Constituency Office, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Prepare outreach materials, organize events, and coordinate volunteers with the Constituency Assistant (Outreach)
- Assist with reception and intake duties
- Schedule casework appointments
- Other administrative and outreach tasks, as required
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of the New Democratic Party, the labour movement, federal government departments, community organizations
- Knowledge of Saskatoon West and riding priorities
- Familiarity with social media (eg. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.)
- Sound political judgment
- Administrative experience, an asset
- Knowledge of databases, an asset
Hourly rate: $28.11(salary levels subject to clauses 12 and 21 of the collective agreement)
Closing date: May 25, 2018 (Midnight)
Commencing date: June 11, 2018
Send application to:
Hiring Committee, NDP Caucus Services
202 Sparks St, Suite 217,Ottawa, ON, K1A 0A6
(Office and position applied for must be indicated in subject line if
Note: A collective agreement is in effect between UFCW (Local 232) and the New Democratic Party Members of Parliament. All applications will be received and held in confidence.
The NDP and NDP MPs are employment equity employers. Women, racialized persons, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered persons are encouraged to apply for this position. If you are a member of an equity-seeking group, you may choose to identify as such in your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.